Adsense

Monday 28 January 2008

What is in my kitchen cupboard

If you enjoy cooking for yourself or your family and friends, the ingrediens for different dishes are important. These give flavour, colour, aroma and taste which you like.There are some herbs which I use for all dishes, beef, lamb, poultry, pork, vegetables. Then there are herbs which I use in winter dishes for making them warm in taste. So I will first list here the names of herbs which will go with every dish:-
Dried Herbs (Pounded,grinded or whole)

Coriander powder- Beef,lamb,pork,poultry,fish,vegetables
Cumin powder- Beef,lamb,pork,poultry,fish,vegetables
Basil - Beef,lamb,weal,poultry
Marjoram - Beef,weal
Thyme - Beef,lamb,pork,weal,fish,shellfish
Oregano - Beef,lamb,pork,weal,pizza,pasta,fish,carrots
Anise (seeds) - Pork,poultry
Tarragon - Beef,pork,fish
Rosemary - Beef,lamb,pork,poultry,game
Cinnamon - Beef,lamb,pork,poultry,game,fried pillaf rice,briani
Cloves - Beef,lamb,pork,poultry,game,fried pillaf rice,briani,vegetables,
cabbage,sweet pickels
Cardamom - Beef,lamb,pork,poultry,game,vegetables,sweet pickles.
Bay leaves - Beef,lamb,pork,poultry,cabbage,spinash
Black Pepper - For use in all vegetables and meat dishes
Ginger Powder - Beef,lamb,pork,poultry and game
Mustard seeds - Fish (I use these seeds when I prepare a light sauce for fish)
Tandoori Powder - For grilling beef,lamb,pork,poultry and game and fish

Apart from coriander and cumin seeds, I have also a mixture grinded cloves,cinnaman stick and cardamom seeds which I use in marinade for grilled beef,lamb,pork,game and poultry dishes. This mixture is very aramtic. I use it in mince meat to make meatballs,kebabs and koffte.

Fresh Ginger - For all dishes. Fresh ginger has effect of warmth, I use it liberally in food, sweet and other pickles
fresh Garlic - Use for all dishes.

No comments: